Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Christmas on the mind

Christmas on the mind.

I can't decide if its the Halloween merchandise that is already being swapped out with Christmas items or the advertisements on TV for Christmas layaway and sales. 

Perhaps it may also be that life as I know it (life as a mom, wife, teacher, baker, chef, laundromat operator, cleaning lady, personal shopper, dog mom, hand cleaner, boogie wipe holder, and snuggle provider) is about to change by adding one more title. Coach.

High school girls basketball starts next week. Normally, I have Christmas plans in the works by now. Nope, not this year. 

And how can I top last year?
Christmas card 2012.
First visit to see Santa.
After some stressing out, momentarily (really only 24 hours or so), I came to the realization of the reason I love last years Christmas snapshots.
They fit Jackson's personality and level of discovery. "A picture is worth a thousands words" is one of my favorite sayings. Thinking about what makes J inquisitive, alert, and smile brought many more ideas to my mind. 

Although to some, this years picture (yes in at least 5 weeks), may not be great, it will capture my fun loving, hate dirt on his hands, inquisitive, goofy, wild with a patient demeanor child.

Now, back to Halloween! :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment